Our Fire Stations

Station 21: Eastsound

Station 21 is the core of our organization. It serves as our Headquarters station, the base for Fire Apparatus and Emergency Medical Services, and the district’s maintenance shop. Built in 2001, Station 21 is located across from the airport at 45 Lavender Lane, Eastsound, WA.
Our public meeting room, located at Station 21, is available for non-profit events. It also serves as the training facility for all OIFR classroom and practical training events. The space is equipped with audio/visual equipment and can accommodate up to 88 people. Near the rear entrance of the facility is a memorial garden to honor our beloved members who have passed away.
Station 21 is staffed 24 hours a day with a Paramedic, and offers sleeping quarters for four. The Eastsound station’s response area stretches from the map corner to Ships Bay.
 
 
 
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
1999 Spartan Gladiator engine with a 1000-gallon capacity and Compressed Air Foam System (CAFS)
2008 Ford W.A.S.P. engine
2009 Ford F550 Rescue truck with technical rescue capabilities, including vehicle extrication and rope rescue
2003 Ford Brush engine with 300-gallon water tank and 15-gallon Class A foam tank
2007 Advanced Life Support (ALS) Ford/MedTec F450 four wheel drive fully equipped aid unit
2001 Ford Super-450 Super Duty Apparatus

Station 23: Rosario

Station 23: Rosario
Station 23 is located at 53 Firehouse Lane, just off Rosario Road. It was built in 1972 by the Rosario Resort’s then-owner Gil Geiser, with the understanding that if he built the station, we would provide the apparatus and manpower. It was reportedly built from the same plans as Crescent Gas Station in Eastsound. Station 23 was deeded to the district in 1979, and covers Rosario, the Highlands, Palisades and the majority of Moran State Park.
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
1997 1000-gallon International Navistar 4900 with a mid-ship pump
2007 Sterling FiroVac Vacuum Water Tanker, which carries 2600 gallons of water and can refill in less than four minutes.

Station 22: Westsound

Station 24: Deer Harbor/Spring Point

Station 22 was originally located next to Westsound Store and Café, but later moved to 78 Deer Harbor Road, between Orcas   Landing and Deer Harbor. In 2011, Orcas Island Fire & Rescue bought the Westsound Station, which serves the Westsound Community, Mt. Wollard, Turtleback and Crow Valley areas. This two-bay station was built in 1988.
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
2008 WASP Engine
2007 Sterling FiroVac Vacuum Water Tanker, which carries 2600 gallons of water and can refill in less than four minutes.
The Deer Harbor Community and Firefighters built the original Deer Harbor Station in 1972. The new station is located at 59 Channel Road in Deer Harbor.
Station 24 covers Deer Harbor and Spring Point, plus the Massacre Bay and Pole Pass areas. It also offers mutual aid to Crane Island.
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
2009 WASP engine
Basic Life Support Aid Response Unit

Station 25: Olga/Obstruction Pass

This two-bay station is located at 267 Obstruction Pass Road, adjacent to the Olga community. District Firefighter Mike Macksey built Station 25 in 1994 to replace an old brush engine shed, once located in the Obstruction Pass Resort parking lot. This station’s response area includes the area just south of Moran State Park to Pioneer Hill Road, off of Pt. Lawrence Rd, which includes Obstruction Pass to Olga.
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
2005 Seagraves Compressed Air Foam Fire Engine
1977 2000-gallon Ford Water Tanker

Station 26: Orcas

Station 26 is located at 1163 Killebrew Lake Road, east of Orcas Landing. Peter Whittier gifted the land in 1981 and Steve Lewis built the 2-bay station in 1982. The Orcas response area is from the Orcas Landing to the 2700 block of Dolphin Bay Road, which includes Victorian Valley, the south side of Mt. Woolard, Guthrie Cove and the southwest shore of Eastsound.
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
2005 1000-gallon Seagrave Engine
Islands Oil Spill Association’s boom response trailer

Station 27: Doe Bay

Station 27 is located at 3634 Pt. Lawrence Road, and serves the Doe Bay and Eagle Lake communities. The Doe Bay community built the fire station   in 1969 with financial support by the school and Fire District. Station 27 also serves as the Doe Bay Community Center.
 
Apparatus housed at this station:
 
2008 WASP Quick Attack engine
Did you know?
 
The Orcas Station also houses the first new apparatus ever purchased by the district: a 1966 Ford front-mount, 1000-gallon fire engine. The Orcas Island Volunteer Firefighter Association purchased the engine from the district for one dollar. While no longer in service, the engine can be seen during parades and other community events.